Monday, May 8, 2023

Recovery day..............


After digging for 2 days I only had the energy yesterday to pot my 2 hanging baskets.  At the nursery I found a pre-potted arrangement with 3 different plants that was just a little smaller than my hanging baskets.  The price was about the same as all of the individual plants would have cost so this was an easy fix.  I just added dirt under and around the potted arrangement.  I got them hung before the rain started.  Thunderstorms so I unplugged my machine and no sewing last night.  It was 88 degrees before the rain came.


There were a few Jack in the Pulpits in the back garden.  Most are the all green.  I'll be watching for the brown striped ones.









There are lots of plants back there so I expect more of the blooms soon.






Last week I mentioned there is one Lungwort plant with white blooms.  I decided to take a photo of it so I can remember to look there next year and see if it is white again or the same color as the ones in the background.







I wanted another photo of my Lenten Rose plant to compare with next year.  This plant has 6 blooms and the one next to it has 2 blooms.  The plant that bloomed last year has no flowers this year.



Robin Pickens has a few design lines that I really like.  I just can't keep buying every line I like so my solution is to buy a charm pack, 5" squares of all of the fabrics in the line.  This one is Wild Blossoms and I can easily mix these into other fabric groups that I already have if I want to make a throw quilt.  Another option is just petting and enjoying the fabrics.






These are the only duplicates in the charm pack.

 

7 comments:

Marianne said...

My friend calls those green Jack in the Pulpits "Jills."

I agree with you about the charms - cheaper than buying a FQ bundle and still very satisfying!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the fabric lines are changing so often and I see so many I want I get to the point I wish they make so many LOL

Julierose said...

Pretty charm pack fabrics;)) I have stopped buying--(not easy!! as they are so pretty!!) and am trying not to look at the new fabric lines--I need to use up what I have on hand...
Jack-in-the-pulpits are so pretty--I haven't seen any since I was a child...
59 here, rained overnight and the sun is shining--nice day despite having a dental appointment;((( Hugs, Julierose

Sue Vermeland said...

Your gardens are looking good! Always fun to visit the plants when they spring forth. I just looked at that fabric line yesterday. I am interested in getting some yardage too (red versions, possibly blue too) and the spot I was looking didn't carry all the line in yardage. It's a happy, fun grouping. There are so many videos and patterns out using charm squares now, lots of inspiration!

Nann said...

Delicious prints in those charm packs!

JJM said...

Pretty Hanging baskets, plus Perennial ground coverings all in bloom. So nice to see.

And your new collections of fabrics all shout spring.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Lovely garden plants and lovely garden fabrics!

Your hanging baskets are so pretty, too.

It's supposed to be 86*F here today but then we'll cool off again, unless the forecast changes.

Hugs!