Monday, May 1, 2023

April 2023 monthly recap ............




This is the 4th month in a row that I have had 2 finishes.  I hope I can keep up that pace.  

Red Hot on the left is 62.5" x 81".  My Fantasy Garden is 53.5" x 64".  It is much brighter and prettier than this photo.





Another month of more new quilt tops than finishes...which means I'm having fun.

Bars: Australian fabric is 51.5" x 75".  The muted color blend top is 20" x 33".  Pink ribbons is 36" x 48".  Australian Zig Zag is 36" x 45".  Colorwash made with rectangles is 32" x 51".


For my own documentation, Red Hot  (which was finished yesterday) is 62.5" x 81", quilted with red Superior So Fine 30 wt. thread on top and charcoal Superior Bottom Line bobbin thread.  All of the fabrics are Kaffe Fassett Collective except one Martha Negley.



On the back is the black background Kaffe Fassett Banana Tree fabric.













I used a different kind of batting in this quilt, a bamboo blend.  It says it doesn't beard out through the fabric but I did see some little dots of white on the back.  It could be that my needle has a slight hook on the end so I won't blame the batting.  I need to change the needle before I quilt the next one. 

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't used the bamboo batting and thought to try it sometime. Lovely finishes! it is always nice to do that

Mary said...

How high a loft does this batting have? I'm always on the search for a batting that is low loft and breathable.

Julierose said...

Beautiful finishes, Wanda!! Two beauties--;)))
53 and sunny today--DH in hosp again--so a bit frayed at the edges today hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I agree ‘Red Hot’ is a perfect name for that beauty. And what a grand array of finishes for April. Each one definitely shows how much fun you had this month.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Your finished Red Hot" is perfectly named and congrats on the Fantasy Garden finish, too!
Imagine that you also finished 4 additional tops that are varied in fabric and colors so you're not in a rut at all!!
Applause, applause!!

Hugs, too!

Patty said...

You had a great month! Red Hot is a real looker!