Monday, May 22, 2023

Heading toward finishes.............


I pressed the pastel blocks on Saturday so yesterday I tried 2 layouts.  I can see that the half drop is not working so I'll work on the straight row layout.







I sewed seven more star blocks to add to the 8 I sewed on Saturday night.  I have a couple more cut but will work on cutting all of the rest that I need and sew all 19 blocks and get this top sewn together.  30 blocks were already sewn and in the box with the solid color triangles.









The scent from my lilacs has been coming in the west windows for a few days.  The bushes are huge and I may need to trim them back this year.





The pink Weigela blooms are at their peak and will start falling off soon.  The red bush has a few buds on it.





The perennial Dianthus is blooming despite the intrusion of Creeping Charlie.






To the right of the Dianthus is a patch of 2 colors and varieties of Cranesbill.  I love this blooming time of the year before it gets too hot.


 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

the pastels are so pretty--and your stars are shining brightly there;)))
My Grand-mere used to have a White Lilac that was so sweetly scented--and when I was growing up we had a purple one just below my bedroom--that scented the nights beautifully...
53 this morning and overcast--though they predicted sunny days all week long to come...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wish I could get a lilac to grow here but had no luck in the past. They say we don't get cold enough winters. Our winters seem to be getting colder - Maybe I should try again!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about the spring and early summer blooms - things are still so fresh and green. And your pastel blocks are looking SO good!

JJM said...

Pastel blocks look so soft and cuddly already. So very pretty. And your stars have the motion of a pin wheel look to them. Fun post today Wanda.

JJM

MeredithB said...

When I first started quilting, I was in an thrift store and there was a box of old quilting magazines. I bought the whole thing for $5.00 and was so pleased to see all these new ideas. Just looking through them opened a whole new world. Maybe you could donate the magazines to the local library or to a thrift store. Someone will certainly love them! Love your blog, read it every day!

Barbara Anne said...

Our lilacs seem to be, maybe because we had almost no winter here. I certainly will be sorry if we lose them.
Love your sweet pastel blocks and the Friendship Star are wonderfully bright.
You're an inspiration!

Hugs!