Monday, May 15, 2023

More flowers..........


My grandson wanted to know if he could stop by and bring me lunch yesterday and of course I said yes.  He brought me this beautiful little basket arrangement.  There is a yellow rose in the middle that barely shows from this view.  Now I have a bouquet in the kitchen and another in the living room.  I am so spoiled and I love it.


My grandson mentioned one of his best friends and wife just had their first baby, a little girl, so I let him choose a quilt to give to them.  This one is all flannel, nice and soft and cuddly.


I assembled 30 blocks last night so I have 42 now.  I have enough pieces left to make 10 blocks but I only need 6 more.  I won't start the arrangement on the design wall until I have the rest of them sewn.

We had rain almost all day yesterday and the temperature dropped from the early morning reading.  It's going to be warmer today and maybe a peek of sunshine.

 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is so nice when grandchildren observe mother days too! Mine never have for some reason - but they observe their mother I guess it is just mothers for them not grandmothers. I will be happy that both of my daughters think about it and so does my husband

Julierose said...

What a lovely bouquet--such a nice gift.
That is a really pretty baby quilt--it must be so soft...
We had a great family catch-up day yesterday with my daughter and my 3 grandsons...
Only 55 here this morning--a bit cooler but nice and sunny...hugs, Julierose

Beth said...

Happy Mother’s Day - you deserve to be spoiled by your family! Very cute baby flannel quilt - did you also use flannel for backing? In flannel quilts, what is the best batting? Or do you use batting? Beth in AL

Nann said...

No rain here on Sunday but it was cloudy and chilly. I hope to mow today. Need to go to our favorite plant place, too.

Barbara Anne said...

What a pretty basket full of delightful flowers! Your grandson chose well and
how marvelous that you had the perfect baby girl quilt for him to give to his friends to celebrate the arrival of their baby. :)

I look forward to seeing your new quilt arise from those stacks of blocks!

Hugs!

JJM said...

I posted comment for todays post on yesterdays comment form. I have no idea how or why that happened.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am so glad you feel spoiled - you certainly deserve it!!

Patty said...

I need to catch up! The flowers are beautiful, meaning both the ones you received Sunday and today. I took today off so I will past tomorrow what I bought myself for Mother’s Day.