Thursday, May 11, 2023

More half rectangle blocks...........


Yesterday morning I was straightening up one area in the basement and noticed this pink and blue batik with little animals on it.  Since I have designated the pink twisted ribbon top as a baby quilt I decided this will be the backing fabric.



I mowed the grass in the early afternoon and then last night sewed some more half rectangle blocks.

(Anonymous: Yes I am die cutting the half rectangles)

There are 134 blocks in these piles and I have pressed 40.  I need 66 more so there will be some more sewing tonight and probably Friday night too. Maybe I'll decide the throw quilt can be smaller than my first calculation and add a pastel print border.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

What an adorable fabric for the baby quilt backing :)) just perfect!!
It's partly sunny here and 56 this morning--another nice Spring day to look forward to...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that will make a great backing for the pink quilt. I'm glad my husband got the mowing done yesterday I was going to and got sidetracked and heard the mower and he was doing it

Nann said...

It's been fun to see this quilt come together!

Barbara Anne said...

That cute fabric with the animals will be a perfect backing for the sweet baby quilt!

Oh, the possibilities in deciding the size and borders (or no borders) for our quilts!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Pink ‘n blue fabric so soft and soothing just waiting to be added to your baby quilt. Your stash always makes smile.

Rectangles piling up with a layout ahead, looking forward to seeing them up on your wall.

JJM