Monday, May 29, 2023

Pots planted.................


We are experiencing the most beautiful weather, low humidity and warm temperatures with a little breeze.  I finally got busy on my garage pots.  I had planted the Snapdragons on the left earlier.  The pot in the middle has a petunia that I think will drape nicely over the pot and one Coleus.  The one on the right has 1 large and 4 small Coleus.

The pot on the left has 2 large Coleus and one small one.  The pot in the middle has a little freebie plant from the nursery and I don't remember the name.  I think it is like a brown eyed Susan and the lady said it will get quite large.  I may need to repot it in a larger pot if it gets too heavy for this pot.  The pot on the right has 5 small Coleus.  The Coleus plants get really tall by the end of the summer.


I put pink petunias in the 2 pots in the porch railing hanger.  I hope they get big and drape over nicely.

 

This is my favorite Hosta in the front garden.  I hope we don't have a hot dry summer this year.  It would be nice to have normal amounts of rain too.


I took several photos of my peonies which I'll show tomorrow.  

I cut the backing piece for another baby quilt so I hope to get that pressed and then loaded on the longarm.  l also chose some fabrics for the last 4 friendship star blocks.

 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if it is a brown eyed susan it might get pot bound pretty quickly - I have a bunch that grow wild and can take over an area pretty fast they are about 18" to 2 feet I would say - look a lot like a purple conflower but the leafs are shaped differently and purple not yellow of course.

Julierose said...

those petunias are so lovely--I've never had luck with them..hope yours flourish and drape beautifully...
64 here this morning but very windy. today's walk will be on the CT River--if we don't blow away first!!:000
Happy Memorial Day hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Lovely!

JJM said...

I agree with Nann ~ a lovely post today, Wanda. All your hard garden work certainly shows.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What pretty flowers to add color and cheer to your home!

Hope the next baby quilt is lots of fun to machine quilt.

Hugs!

Mary said...

I always love seeing your pots. They add such color to your garden.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your garden looks so nice and neat and the plants are growing exactly as specified. Mine looks more like weed beds.