Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Monthly recap for January 2022

I completed 3 quilt tops in January.  The yellow crazy pieced small quilt top was started last year and it is 36.5" x 46.5".  The center quilt top is flannel, was started and finished in January, and is 56" x 76".  The tumbler quilt top is also flannel and is 71" x 90".  I hope to get both flannel tops quilted soon.


I had 2 finishes in January.  The first is a Kaffe fabric orphan block quilt.  I started playing with the design last year and got the top finished in December, quilted in January.  It is 48" x 63".










The second finish is the Seed Packet quilt.  I worked on finishing the binding by hand until 11:30 last night.  It is 65" x 82".

This quilt top was finished in July 2017 so it waited 4 1/2 years to be quilted.  It was a labor intensive quilt with all squares fussy cut to more or less center a bloom.  And of course first I had to find all of those fabrics and then cut holes in the fabrics when fussy cutting. There are 72 large squares and 144 small squares.


This shot is a close up of the backing, binding, and quilting.


I'll show more details of the quilting on tomorrow's post but here is one photo to show I went back and quilted between the lines I had quilted Sunday night.  Now the closest lines are about 1/4" apart and the farthest are a little over 1/2" apart.

10 comments:

Mary said...

I am always amazed at what you come up with. The orphan block quilt is truly a piece of creative genius and you had another very productive month overall.

patty a. said...

You had a good month!

Julierose said...

Lovely finishes for January...nice work--hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great - so colorful!!

MissPat said...

I remember when you were working on the Seed Packet quilt. Doesn't seem like it was 4.5 years ago.
Pat

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Love the quilting on the flower packets, and it suddenly struck me looking at the yellow one just now what it made me think of - blocks trying to elbow each other out of the way. I do like to laugh! All of your quilts and tops looks wonderful, as always.

O'Quilts said...

WOW Wanda....so great...and thx for your comments that encourage me on xo

Vicki W said...

You had a great month!

JJM said...

3 quilt tops and 2 complete finishes for January. Each one is needle artwork at its best. A grand post today, Wanda.

JJM

Jennifer said...

Wowzerinis!!! Will you be putting up the Flower Packet quilt for sale? I sure hope so - I really would like to buy it. Love it, love the colour, love the density of quilting. You're a master.

Jennifer