Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day............


Let's start the day with some caffeine (Dr. Pepper).







I got a beautiful fabric Valentine in the mail Saturday from Linda S.  Click here to see how she made 70 Valentines to mail out.







I ended up cutting blue and white Babble by Brandon Mably for this block.  It is a soft contrast block and I think I will make one more similar in contrast.






I haven't pressed the new block yet so it will look much better the next time I show it.








I needed to clean off the die cutter table and the flannel was still sitting there waiting to be cut into 4" and 3" tumbler shapes.  There will be more cutting when I search through my boxes of flannel fabric. They will both be smaller quilts than the 9" tumbler quilt is.  

Below is a postcard from my collection.


9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy Valentines Day! Thought you would like the hand stitched one although my work is shaky. I love your old postcard! Are those heart ice cubes? I have never seen that. Hope you get some chocolate! My caffeine is always coffee, which is just about done brewing.

Julierose said...

Love those soft toned blocks..so pretty.
Happy Valentine's Day..hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Happy Valentine's Day! The heat shaped ice cube is cool!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Valentines Day. I got started cutting tumblers from scraps a couple years ago and it got put aside and is still sitting there - maybe one day will cut out more to join them and get started on it - had already made one with little tumblers so I guess I was tired of tumblers

DianeN said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Wanda!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you . . . (and your card is in the mail but will almost certainly arrive late). Here's to friends near and far!

JJM said...

Fun post today Wanda… remember those days when we put our valentines in a big decorated box in grade school and the valentines we’re handed out one by one, to those in our class.

JJM

Dorothy said...

Cute ice cubes :-)
Happy Heart Day

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Those softer colors are not what I expect on your blog, but the blocks are really pretty together.