Saturday, February 26, 2022

3 Winged Square (Cut Glass Dish) blocks................


I got three more Winged Square blocks cut and sewn yesterday.  They aren't pressed yet but I have some other things to turn the iron on for today so they will look better the next time you see them.





I tried to use the blue print here with another light fabric and it wasn't working.  I'm glad I waited until I found another that worked better with it.







I just had to have another orange block.










This block may not make into the light block quilt but I just had to make it.  I love the combination of fabrics.








I took all of the Winged Square blocks off the design wall and used my lint roller to clean off the stray threads.  Then it was time to put up this finished quilt for its portrait. After quilting it is 55" x 75".








Since the backing is three vertical strips of flannel I had to fold back 2 corners to see all of the fabrics.












I had to include closeups of some of the fabrics in the 4" x 8" bricks.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to dive right under that flannel quilt! It's just lovely! The winged squares are coming along nicely- so many different combos.
Kathy

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, love the new orange block! The flannel quilt looks lovely.

Julierose said...

The flannel fabrics--esp'ly those rose ones--are just lovely. that will be such a great great to cozy under. Nice work hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The flannel quilt sure looks cozy and comfy. The wing blocks are sparkly.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the colors of the winged blocks

JJM said...

Oh Wanda ~ what great photos today especially all the close ups. I know I will come back and view them all again today. So good to see the bricks official photo, as I’ve mentioned before, your flannel prints are so pretty.

Cut glass/winged square, just when I think we’ve seen them all you surprise us with even more. These are amazing blocks of color combinations .

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I like those winged square blocks, and yes, the blue is much better! The flannel is a beauty. I have one on the quilt frame, and I wish it was done because it is COLD!!