Sunday, February 27, 2022

3 tries...........


After pressing the last 3 blocks I went to the design wall for the final layout.

After looking at this on the wall and the photo on the computer I decided I wanted to move the bottom left block to the top right corner.









That was better.  Now I'm not happy with the bottom right corner block. The light fabric in it is too dark.













I added back in one of the blocks I had pulled out for the bottom right corner and then exchanged the first and third blocks in the bottom row with each other.  I think I'm happy with it now but I'll make the decision after I look at it a few times this morning.








After I had the layout pretty much decided I sewed some more of the spring pastel 16 patches.  There are 2 of each combination so I have 24 sewn now.

The bottom left block looks better in real life than it does in the photo.  It still might be one that comes out of the final group.  Either that or it may be placed in a corner of the quilt top.

 

9 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Beautiful! I was happy to see the bottom right block be exchanged. It still amazes me how its “environment” changes how a block looks in the whole layout.

Sally Langston Warren said...

Such beautiful work. I enjoyed our class this morning, Wanda!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the block moves. The layout looks fine now. Pastel blocks make me think spring. Around here, looks and feels like the dead of winter.

Julierose said...

I like the darker blocks on the corners..a little outline? It is a beautiful piece...
It makes me think of my Grand-mere's cut glass dishes she took out for special occasions..all sparkley and lovely...she had pinks and greens...and some etched whites, too.
And, I wonder what happened to them all? I only have one light pink, low cake stand of hers that my Mom had. But I do cherish that...
hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

The colors in the spring sixteen patches are just SO pretty!!! Congratulations on getting the winged blocks in a layout you are happy with.

JJM said...

The process of final layout was fun to watch this morning. Plus seeing your spring time 16 patch blocks grow .

JJM

loulee said...

Sometimes the best part of quilt making is swapping around the blocks.
And sometimes it's the most frustrating.

Vicki W said...

Those 16-patch blocks seem like they are a nice respite from the complex blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning Winged Square blocks and I love the softness of your new 16 patch blocks.