Friday, February 4, 2022

24 blocks............


First I will show the 4 newest blocks made yesterday and the day before.









All fabrics are Kaffe Fassett Collective.  This one is a Philip and a Brandon.

































This is the original layout with the new blocks added.  I had a hard time getting it all in the picture.









Next I tried color grouping and this one didn't appeal to me at all.
















Next I pulled out all of the light background blocks.












Then I tried all of the light blocks in a layout.  These last 2 layouts were to see if I would want to make a quilt with all dark or all light blocks.  I really like this last one.

11 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Yes, please on the last one :). Beautiful!

Julierose said...

I like the all light one best--but they are both pretty...
love the pink block fabrics...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh wow - how are you going to decide this? I love the dark one and the original

Sally Langston Warren said...

Such beautiful fabrics. I like the all dark one the best. What would it look like if all the blocks were turned the same way?

JustGail said...

Hmmm. I'm most actively looking at the first one. The paths made by the squares pop in and out of my head leading my eye all around the quilt. It's also the one I keep going back to.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really like the four newest blocks and I like the light layout at the bottom the best (and perhaps there is a second dark version lurking?).

loulee said...

Wow!! All those points. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite, colourway, they are all stunning.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Can't pick a favorite except that new block at the top, the green one, is making me drool. Love it! This is such an interesting project!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Some great fabric combos in these! Look forward to seeing which setting you will chose...

Dorothy said...

Well I can't decide between the light or the dark. I like them both. And I really like the secondary pattern

JJM said...

Every one has an opinion on this one so I’m adding mine. My favorite is the Original …. I love the combination of the lights and darks together, its a perfect layout for all.

JJM