Thursday, February 24, 2022

7 more strips sets................


I decided yesterday would be a good day to do my grocery shopping before the next snow storm on Thursday into Friday.  The good thing about this part of winter is that we get above freezing weather shortly after most of the snowstorms so melting takes place.

There wasn't much on TV to watch so I worked on cleaning off tables (again!) and then sewed 7 more strip sets for the spring 16 patch.  Today I need to cut some more batting off the roll so I can take it off my work table.  I try to pick the most likely to be quilted tops and cut their batting in hopes it will really inspire me.  Maybe I'll get around to piecing some backs too.

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

I like that kind of "shadow" effect you get with the very light fabrics...
We are in for snow here starting tonight all through Friday...and just when our snow from last storm has finally evaporated!!
The sun is making a brief morning appearance which is nice.
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

We have the potential for slick surfaces here. I am so grateful I don't have to drive anywhere today. Now the decision: housework or sewing?

patty a. said...

More pretty strip sets! I need to do some grocery shopping too, but that won's happening until Saturday morning. We had a light dusting of snow last night and this morning on my drive to work I drove on salted roads and saw trucks out spreading a lot of salt. Snow is not forecasted to show up until 7 tonight. Right now I can see blue sky thru the clouds which is nice.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad I decided to stay home yesterday the roads are terrible here and more ice to come today - will be glad when winter is over! glad you were able to get out to get your groceries

Sharon Kwilter said...

You do have some amazing fabrics. Do you buy for each project? Do you work from a stash? I'd love to know how you manage your fabrics.