Monday, February 21, 2022

Ready for binding..........


The flannel bricks quilt is quilted with a large loose meander.  It is so soft and cuddly.





The quilting barely shows up with the depth of the flannel so no fancy quilting is needed.






Three fabrics make up the backing; vertical seams in the backing.







It is trimmed and waiting for its binding.








I have this piece of a splatter print in a muted pink that I think will work fine for binding.






In the main floor studio I turned the warm color Winged Square blocks on point.









In this layout I turned all of the blocks 90 degrees.  Just play time, it isn't very exciting.


We got up to mid 40s yesterday and most of the snow has melted again.  40s predicted for part of today and part of tomorrow so the only snow left should be the piles along my driveway.  Then we are back to the 20s again.  It's still winter in northern IL.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Your flannel quilt looks so soft and cuddly--nice quilting on it--that all-over design is really nice.
Warmer here today--33 this morning--this up and down weather yo-yo is hard on my old body...at least the sun is out...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

I bet the flannel quilt was extra cuddly when it came out of the dryer! Looks great. The warm blocks seems to loose their punch when put on point, hmm. It was in the 40s here yesterday and melting which made me happier than Saturday in the teens, wind and snow.

patty a. said...

Looks like the flannel will be February finish! It snowed here Friday and all day Saturday. Sunday the sun came out and melted the new stuff away. There are still piles from the two big storms, but they have shrunk a lot! Today the high is forecasted to be 58 and Tuesday and Wednesday in the low 60's with rain 100% Tuesday. Thursday the bottom drops out and we will be back in the 20's and 30's for day and into the teens a night. Mother Nature sure is a tease!

Sally Langston Warren said...

You have me thinking about using up my flannel fabrics. I haven’t used any in years. I am so surprised how much I love those block on point! Personally, I like them even better on point than straight.

Juliequilt said...

Will your binding be flannel as well? I have avoided flannel for binding since it is such a looser weave that other fabrics.

JJM said...

You have the prettiest flannel prints in your ‘brick’ quilt . A triple treat of fabrics for backing and the binding is really going to set it off, front and back.

I too love the blocks on point, it brings out their beauty even more.

Winter decided to give us a reminder that it really is still winter. Strong winds, with snow and temps in the teens. All our snow was gone yesterday and spring temps.

JJM

loulee said...

Your flannel quilt looks beautiful. The fabrics speak for themselves and a simple meander sounds perfect.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your flannel quilt looks so comfy cozy. Love thos warm blocks too.. so pretty.. you will wave your magic wand and make them exquisite