Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Second finish for February 2022............


I finished the binding on the bricks flannel quilt yesterday.

Juliequilt, you are a no reply....you wanted to know if the binding is flannel too.  Yes it is.  I only buy good quality flannel and none of it is loosely woven in this quilt.  The one I chose for this binding was one of the lighter weight ones so it isn't too bulky in a double binding.


This quilt finished at 55" x 75" after quilting.






Last night I paired 28 more sets of strips for my spring 16 patch.







I sewed 4 of the pairs while watching TV last night.  There are a total of 8 sets sewn so far out of a minimum of 32 sets.  I haven't decided what size I am making yet.



 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Those sewn strip sets are so pretty...The flannel quilt looks so comfy.
Nice works hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the spring colors are pretty

patty a. said...

Good for you to get the flannel quilt done! The spring batiks are so pretty!

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations on another finish. It,too, looks so snuggly.

Beth D. said...

Where do you buy good quality flannel? I’ve often been disappointed with the flannel I’ve bought.

JJM said...

It’s a high of 7 degrees today here in the mountains and your flannel quilt hits the spot especially today, it does look nice and so warm… and you know the one we have that keeps me/we so comfortable on these cold winter nights, knitting and watching some t.v. Love it and it goes back on the sofa to look at during the day.

Your pastel 16 latch strips, looks and feels so like spring, lovely project to work on toward spring.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have only made flannel pillowcases- every year for presents for Christmas. I have all these leftover pieces, don't know if they could make a quilt. Your quilt is lovely and cozy.

Anne Ibach said...

I love your fabric selection for the spring 16 patch. Can't wait to see it come together.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Can use that comfy looking flannel quilt lol. More snow coming to us this weekend.ugh. your projects are always so fun and interesting