Saturday, February 19, 2022

Sunset..............


When I look out my front window (east) and the house across the street has turned pink I know it is time to grab my camera and go to my kitchen window (west) and try to capture the scene.  I love it when the sky is pink, blue and white.


It took me 2 hours to find enough backing pieces for the bricks flannel quilt top.  I kept doing the math for how much more I needed in width.  Then I spied this long narrow piece of striped flannel and that made up the final inches I needed.  It is a leftover piece from cutting pj pants a few Christmases ago.  Now I just need to clear the table where I cut the batting and I might get this one finished soon.

I spent the evening hand sewing the bottom edge of 2 hanging sleeves on wallhangings.  They have been laying over the back of a chair for a couple months.  Time to get it done.

 

13 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I do the same thing when I see the sun or moon reflecting in the lake. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get both sky and lake in the same photo!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hate piecing a backing but I should probably do that once in awhile - in my case get rid of some of the larger pieces of fabric that I have but no longer like all that much
Beautiful sunset

Mary said...

That is a beautiful sunset. It sounds like you were able to move one project forward and clear out an old remnant as well.

Julierose said...

Finding fabrics is a difficult task for me these days--too much bending, stretching and trying to get up again-- oof!! I am glad that I have put a lot of my cut offs in one big bag--so I can just reach in and root around...truly scrap salvaging!!;)))
What a beautiful sky shot you took...love those colors...
Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

The sunset-colored sky was glorious here last night - deep salmon pink with a rich rosy glow against the darkening sky above. I've tried so many times to capture the color story in photos but in never equals the real glory in the sky. I agree about "get it done" - that seems to be on my mind a lot lately.

JJM said...

Wanda, you know how faraway we live from you and our sunset was just like yours, beautiful pink, blue and white. Maybe it was the same northern exposure.

As always you had a very productive day.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Too stormy here to see any sunset last night. That is the only time I love that color combination- it is authentic and glowing. Thanks for sharing.

O'Quilts said...

Exuberant
color for sure xo

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Beautiful sunset! I love them, too. Also the night skies!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Beautiful sunset! I don't have to put hanging sleeves on my quilts since I use clips on the curtain rods. A little risky but it works.

Anonymous said...

I loved your "accidental quilt" from yesterday's posting. Very pretty pattern & colors.

Kay in Kansas

Quilting Tangent said...

Beautiful Sunset, thank you for sharing.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love that sunset. So calming and pretty