Friday, February 18, 2022

Only a little play time.............


I only did a little playing with blocks yesterday.  I decided to try color groups starting with orange at the top and green at the bottom.  I have some of the blocks turned the wrong way in the bottom 2 rows.







I like the blocks in the top half but now I'm not sure I like the ones with the gray background.  I may make a few more specific blocks.





I turned the bottom blocks to their correct orientation.

When I started this quilt I was making a block I love and using all of the triangles that were cut from my larger Kaffe collective scraps, no specific color selection and mostly high contrast blocks.  Now as I finish up I am choosing special color combinations.  I need to think a bit on where I go from here.  As for this arrangement of blocks, no, I don't like it.


This is the amount of snow left from previous snowstorms, photo taken late afternoon Wednesday.






This is yesterday's view, snow starting around noon and continuing until after 6 p.m.  I haven't shoveled yet but I did clear a small part of my porch and think there was around 4" of heavy wet snow.



Inside I'm nice and cozy.  This quilt finished 5 years ago is my current selection hanging over the back of a bench.  This was 2 random groups of blocks that I happened to have laying next to each other and I realized they were the same size blocks.  An accidental quilt, not planned in any sense.

9 comments:

patty a. said...

I can understand how you are not liking the layout. It is interesting how the background colors can make such a difference. Yesterday it was warm here and rained hard all day. It was still raining when I went to bed. I got up at 12:44 a.m. - nature was calling - and saw that the ground was covered with snow! My ride into work today was slow. The roads were awful and I ended up going on 25 most of the way - 30 was just a bit too fast on snow covered roads. I had to make a detour too. A tree had fallen across the road so I had to find my way around a neighborhood to get around the blocked off area. The weather app says we got between 3.5 to 4.5 inches, but it didn't seem like that much. It is still snowing now, but only another 1.5" is predicted to fall. Maybe they will have the roads in better shape for my trip home.

patty a. said...

I forgot to say how much I like your accident quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your accidental quilt love the bright colors. The other quilt I liked more when you had the bright colors mixed into it - but I think you said you were doing two different quilts now and one would be darker and one light?

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your accident quilt turned out quite nice. I need to go through my orphans and see if I can make anything with them. I've gotten quite a collection of them.

JJM said...

It’s still winter and those ole snow showers will continue for a few weeks whether we like it or not. Love your “accidental” quilt so full of brilliant colorful fabrics. I agree with Karen - Quilts …etc. I liked the mixture of darks and lights with these blocks.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

The current layout doesn't sparkle like the earlier versions - no wonder you aren't happy. The 'accidental' quilt is striking!

Needled Mom said...

I’m sure you will make that quilt come to life. The accidental quilt is really beautiful. Looks and sounds like winter is fighting to stick around a bit longer there.

Chookyblue...... said...

I don't mind the layout.... I'm going to have to make a quilt that had the colour flow thru ...... The accidental quilt looks great..... Good accident.....

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love those blocks. So fun. Our snow is gone...for now lol