Friday, February 25, 2022

Some 16 patch fun............


I couldn't wait to slice some stratas for the spring 16 patch blocks.








There are 2 blocks for each combination of fabrics.  The mottled fabrics look different in every square so the blocks don't always look alike.



I have 8 blocks sewn so far.  But now I need to finalize some ideas on the Winged Square blocks today.  It's nice to have more than one project to work on.



The 2 blooms on the small pink cactus were hanging downward so I had to get down on my knees and point the camera up at the blooms.  They are so pretty.  I had to take the photo near the window because it was a dreary day.  Otherwise I would have put it up somewhere high to take the photo.


The mother plant has 3 blooms and at least 3 more buds to open.

We didn't get much snow yesterday and next week is a string of 40 degrees days so there will be melting.  This is the best part of winter.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful blocks--and your cacti are so pretty all abloom like that!!
Freezing rain here like crazee!!;000
Stay warm hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Your pictures of cacti blooms were the perfect companion to your spring quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice to have flowers blooming in the winter on dreary days

patty a. said...

The mottled fabrics make such great blocks! You sure have a lot of spring colored batiks! They are all so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!

MissPat said...

The spring inspired 16-patch is tempting, but I never finished the blue-green-purple one I started late last summer with leftover strips from my colorwash. Nice to see a blooming plant. My flower bouquet from Valentine's Day is still hanging in, but not for much longer. Our snow has not amounted to what was predicted, which is ok with me.
Pat

JJM said...

16 Patch is Pastel Perfection Wanda…. They say, “Hello Spring”

JJM

judith lockhart said...

Beautiful and so Springlike that makes me want to cut some strata for another quilt like that - they just go together so well! We are having unbelievably warm weather here in Georgia - 84 degrees for several days!