Wednesday, February 23, 2022

3 hours of sewing............


Finally some new shows for the season were on last night....3 hours worth.  First thing I made was one more Winged Square block.  I knew I wanted another orange one.  The block is really square, photo is taken at an angle.  This block took most of the first hour to be assembled.



Then I sewed 12 more sets for the spring 16 patch quilt.







The pale pink Cactus is finally blooming.  This is the one that used to bloom 3 - 5 times every winter.  This is the first time this winter.








Here is more of a side view of it.  This is one of my 2 favorite plants.  The other is the orange one.






This smaller plant is from a piece that broke off the large plant and I had it in water on the kitchen windowsill for about 3 years.  I finally planted it last spring.  It always blooms at the same time as the mother plant.  There is another little piece in another pot that I think might be another piece of it and it has a bud now too.



 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW you sure have a cactus "green thumb". Mine still haven't even set bud...I thin they will have to be re-potted...maybe all in one big pot is not a good idea?
Your new Winged Square is really pretty...nice work hugs, Julierose

DianeN said...

I love the colors you chose for the latest winged square block and I also love the colors for the spring 16 patch. So pretty and cheerful for a gray winter morning.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to check and see if the new NCIS show was on last night I forgot they were to start at the end of the month, I can get it on Paramount+ if it did

patty a. said...

Another pretty winged block! That is a beautiful flower on that cactus.

MissPat said...

That pink cactus is such a delicate shade. I don't have any that color and I'm still looking for a champagne colored one, too. It has been frustrating waiting for new episodes of favorite shows. The spring 16 patch should be very pretty.
Pat

O'Quilts said...

None of mine bloomed this year.....they are depressed about Covid, et. al...Oh well...we all need a break...soon they will go back under the bench outside for the summer. xo

Quiltdivajulie said...

I can see why you love that pink cactus so much! And the colors in that spring 16-patch project are so delicate and pretty.

JJM said...

Your new block glows like sunshine ! Really like it. And your Pastels strips are Easter egg fresh.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love the orange block, and how pretty that pink Christmas cactus! Anything that blooms in Winter is my friend!

Dorothy said...

I was happy that all 3 FBIs were new again. Your 16 patches definitely say Spring !!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your 16 patch is so spring looking and pretty