Saturday, February 5, 2022

Sorting triangles.................


I had 2 small boxes of 2" finished triangles and decided to sort them while I watched TV.






Now I have stacks of at least 24 triangles in a variety of prints that read the same value and color.  There is the potential for 19 more Winged Square blocks.  I have to make a decision which layout(s) I am going to use first.  (See yesterday's post.)


Next in line was trimming the batik improv blocks to any even inch + 1/2 inch.






I put them up on the design wall as I trimmed them.  I found 21 more blocks yesterday.  I was pretty sure when I showed these blocks a couple days ago that there should have been more.











Since most of the blocks can be trimmed to 10.5" tall I could sew them together in rows.  There will be one group that is 9.5" tall and I have trimmed 3 of those blocks so far.

There are lots more to trim.  I'm going to try to get 15-20 trimmed each day so sometime next week I can play with all of them on the design wall.

 

8 comments:

loulee said...

The final picture of the improv blocks looks so cool. I think you're on to a good layout there. As for yet more triangles... rather you than me. LOL

Julierose said...

Lots of sorting and trimming there;)))
I have a baggie of cut off triangles all differing sizes that need to be sorted, too...maybe a "sit down" project for me...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

That’s a lot of triangles! Very pretty ones too. I really liking those striped blocks.

Char said...

Great improv blocks Wanda.

Connie said...

Oh, I love seeing your incredibly colorful stash . . . so much fun :)

JJM said...

Your days always amazes me, so full of creativity and color with much progress on all your projects. My days are full and busy with keeping up with family and house work. I’d have a very boring blog if I had one. So thank you for your blog, its my favorite break to take during the day.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, what fun! I do love watching you play. They results are always so satisfying!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the striped blocks, especially the setting in the last picture.