Monday, February 7, 2022

First February finish...............


The flannel quilt is finished.  The tumblers are 9" cut with my Studio die cutter.  It is 69" x 89".










The back is a red print flannel and the batting is Hobbs 80/20.  I used So Fine medium tan thread on top and red Bottom Line in the bobbin.  The binding is a red on red yarn dyed woven check.






I sewed some more triangles that could become more Winged Star blocks or just pieces and parts for a future project.



Doing my daily quota I trimmed 15 more blocks while watching ice skating on TV.  I have about 35 more to trim and then I can play with them on the design wall.  







 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a lovely flannel finish on the tumblers!! We are also watching Olympics--I did a little knitting on the 2nd sock...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finish and great blocks. I can't bring myself to watch the Olympics because of China.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't been as interested in Olympics as I used to be - I noticed the last couple times they were on over the years I barely watched them like I used to do - no reason it just doesn't pull me in like it used to

patty a. said...

The tumble flannel quilt turned out wonderful!

Needled Mom said...

That flannel quilt looks so snuggly. Nice finish. Watching ice skating is a great way to pass time while trimming blocks.

Vicki W said...

Those pieced blocks bring just the right amount of sparkle to the quilt!

Karen said...

Love the tumbler quilt. I’ve got some flannel I need to use. Did you sew with a 1/4” seam or 1/2”? The little crazy blocks add so much!

Kristin said...

Very handsome flannel quilt. They are so warm!

JJM said...

Perfect backing and binding for your Tumblers. Grand finish to kick off February………

I knit while looking up often with the olympics on these evenings, like you with your stitching triangles and trimming strip blocks. I love the ice skating and skiing events.

JJM

loulee said...

Your tumblers look great. I love the odd scrappy block here and there.
I'm looking forward to seeing those strip blocks all trimmed and sewn together.

Dorothy said...

Terrific flannel quilt