Sunday, February 20, 2022

Getting ready to quilt.............


I finally got my table cleaned off so I could cut some batting for this quilt.  I pressed the flannel backing and loaded it and then put the batting on.  The top is just laying loose on top of the other 2 layers.  I'm getting closer to a finish.


Behind me as I stand at the longarm is this double design wall with the improv blocks.  I have added about 6 blocks since the last photo.  I still have to make some more blocks so this will stay here for awhile.




I just needed some mindless sewing last night so I started piecing the strips for my batik spring 16 patch.

 

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

All the projects look terrific. I was real scared for a moment. When your new headline feed showed up in my Blogger dashboard, I misread the headline and I thought it said "Ready to Quit". I guess I need more coffee.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that improv quilt

Julierose said...

Oh that Spring 16-patch will be so pretty--love those fabrics...so light and airy hugs, Julierose

Peggy said...

Always a joy to read your blog❤️

JJM said...

Bricks, Improv, and mindless sewing, all a treat to see. A great view of Improv blocks, it has a good strong presence.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, dear - I have the bricks quilt in mind for a group of low volume prints (to be used in January 23) and the improv style blocks for another stack of waiting fabrics AND the potential for a sixteen patch approach to yet another fabric pull. Your post today inspires me to quit thinking and go sew!

loulee said...

Each project is looking amazing. Such beautiful fabrics.
Have fun quilting.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Beautiful projects. I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Look at you go.you are so prolific. Love all your projects

Lesley Gilbert said...

The Improv block is my type of block and a great one to use up scraps. I've not sewn for about 3 weeks; the knitting is keeping me busy so I'm not being idle. We had snow for a couple of hours but all gone now, though it has been colder the past few days. The storms blowing through England has caused some havoc but all ok in my area. I see some small buds starting to appear in the garden so not long before we can say *Spring* is here, yeahh!! :)