Monday, January 31, 2022

Flannel quilt trimmed..............


I got the pointy side edges of this flannel quilt top trimmed and did the staystitching around the edge.  I have a large piece of dark red flannel that a friend gifted to me so I think that will be the backing.  The top measures 71" x 90" before quilting.  The tumblers are 9".


The pressing and backing seam were completed yesterday afternoon and I loaded it on the longarm.  Then I added the batting and the Seed Packet quilt top.  This post shows the whole quilt top.  I did vertical straight line quilting with the channel locks to keep the lines straight.  I used a medium taupe SoFine thread on top and Bottom line thread in a soft rust in the bobbin.


The rows of quilting are an inch or more apart so I left the quilt on the frame overnight so I can decide whether I will go back and stitch another line between each of them.

 

7 comments:

Sumac said...

I like the crazy quilt blocks mixed in with the tumblers. You are very productive making these beautiful quilts!

Julierose said...

Tumbler piece is so neat with the crazy ones dotted about!!
The Seed Packet is so charming--love the flowery prints..nice works hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I remember that seed packet quilt - that quilting looks good on it.

JJM said...

I’m sure you felt good about accomplishing so much yesterday. Fun to see those two quilts comong into the finish line for January.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

My guess is that you will the extra lines - maybe in every other space. Time will tell!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The seed packet quilt is perfect for this time of year when everything is white, white and more white.

patty a. said...

You have made progress on a lot of projects over the last few days. It was a good weekend to stay inside and sew!