Sunday, January 9, 2022

The next 5 rows............


I folded the first 5 rows in half and hung it as high as I could reach on the design wall.  Then I designed the next 5 rows.  I will look at it again this morning and see if I want to move anything.  It would be 90" long if I stop at 10 rows.


Out of the remaining pieces I chose 11 more tumblers in case I want to add the 11th row for a 99" length.  I didn't want to pin this row of  pieces on last night because they would have covered the baseboard heating vents.


I looked through the remaining Kaffe orphan blocks last night.  They are bright colors compared to the soft red/pink/blue blocks I used in my finished quilt.




Here are a few more of the blocks.  I probably have enough blocks to make another quilt about the same size as the one I just finished.


I found these little 2 serving pies on my last grocery run.  I baked it and ate half so far.  I'll have the second half today.

 

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like it! The pieced tumblers are working out well.
Your orphan block quilt is gorgeous also...well done!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm always looking for desserts for two so we don't over eat - thanks for posting that I will look for it!

Julierose said...

The tumblers are really looking good; this will be a good sized piece.
Are those dresdens I spy in your leftover KF blocks grouping?
So pretty hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Another KF orphan quilt - wow, your deep stash of blocks and fabrics is just like Mary Poppins' tote bag - it just never seems to deplete no matter how many wonderful quilts you design/make. Dreary and raining hard here with a 25 degree temp drop by evening. Time to go to the studio where I can bask in my lights and play with the colors.

Dorothy said...

Love the tumblers. Pieced blocks add the extra spice interest

JJM said...

Great Sunday post Wanda ~ Tumblers, tumbling onto place and waiting to be stitched to join the rest…. OMG love those bright colored Orphan Blocks, and would love to see them created into a quilt top like the other one you just finished .

Your berry pie looks delicious… hope you added ice cream or whipped cream too.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't wait to see another orphan block quilt from you using these beautiful bright colours. The pie looks delicious.