Sunday, January 16, 2022

A couple stars.........


I love the Lemoyne Star cutting die but I never remember which color has to be face up and which face down to continue making stars like the ones on the left.  I finally wrote it on the die.


Here is a close up of one of the stars on the left and then the 3 on the right that are reversed in coloration.  Those 3 will go to the Kaffe orphan block box and I can finally continue on with all of the blocks being alike.



I have more blooms on the orange cactus.  Several buds are almost ready to open.






This is the only bloom on the white one which this year has a tint of pink.  This one usually blooms a couple times each winter with lots of blooms.  It has a slow start this year as this is only the second bloom for the season.

We got a little over an inch of snow from the storm that is supposed to dump heavy snow in the south and in NC.  We have only had 6" of snow total so far at the Chicago airport where the records are kept.  Last year we had most of our snow after this date.  With our dry summer last year we really need some moisture over the winter.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

half of our snow melted last night after we got a rain and warm up then it got colder again and warm up more later most of it will be gone by night I bet.
Pretty stars - I don't have that die but I must study my collection and see what else can be made from what I have - I thought I would make the Ohio Star with the flannels I have and need to check and see which dies will make it without the actual purchase of that one.

JJM said...

Lemoyne Star pattern and your fabric combinations are sensational. This is a great post to linger over today, it just sparkles.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice to see the blooms, none here. The Lemoyne looks lovely. Supposedly the snow starts at sunset and about 20". Right now, brilliant sunshine.

cityquilter grace said...

oh my stars...they are gorgeous...bright colors make them zing

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are gorgeous. Smart idea to jot the order down on the die.

patty a. said...

I have always wanted to make a yellow and red quilt. I love those colors together!