Sunday, January 23, 2022

New blocks, changed blocks...............


This is a new block designed yesterday morning.  It is one of my favorites.  I like using the big prints in the plain squares in colors that complement the triangle squares.






This block is a little wild.  I'm not sure if those 3 squares will be used but I like the block.  I'm just not sure it will play nicely with the other blocks.







I changed out the 3 squares that were very dark and cut some to match the dark fabric in the triangles.  I think there is enough light in this print to work with the other blocks.






I cut 3 squares from Brandon's Babble fabric to finish designing this block.









This block was in the upper right corner of the group photo yesterday.  It is a favorite too.

What I am finding is that I like each of the blocks individually but not sure of them as a group.  I think I might have to try narrow sashing between blocks.  I might start sewing my favorite blocks together today.

 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

These are certainly exciting splashes of color blocks. The variety from block to block is wonderful.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good use of the big prints. I have a few pieces of fabric tucked away here and there in the bins of big prints that I never know what to use them for

Needled Mom said...

I really like the addition of those blocks. It adds such interest to the whole block.

Sylvia Anderson said...

They are all beautiful Wanda, with #1 being my favorite, and #3, running a very close 2nd.. Have fun playing with them today. Glad we didn't get much snow overnight.

Roxanne said...

More delicious color! What size will your finished blocks be?

JJM said...

What a grand Sunday post Wanda. Your blocks are so full of awesome fabrics and they make me smile to see how the turned triangles makes each block look so unique. Just love your creativity.

JJM

Vicki W said...

Ilove all the blocks but that purple and yellow one really calls to me.