Saturday, January 29, 2022

20 blocks, 4 to go............


I chose fabrics for 5 more blocks but only got 2 of them sewn.  I have decided to make it one row longer (48" x 72") so I have 4 more blocks to make.  It isn't as dark at the bottom as it looks here and I will probably move a few blocks to new positions when I get the last 4 blocks made.  Before I sew it together I will test it to see what all dark blocks look like together (if I wanted to make another quilt) and then I'll try all light blocks.  I'm almost afraid it will have me making 2 quilts instead of one.






This is the first block I made last night.  I changed out the light fabric from the one I showed yesterday.








This is the second new block.  It is a lower contrast block than some of the others.

We had a heat wave Thursday, 30 degrees so I did grocery shopping for the next 10 days' supply.  Then it dropped down to frigid again with below 0 predicted for last night.  We got 2" more snow yesterday morning and it was light and fluffy again.  It makes it fast and easy to shovel the porch and sidewalk.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

with making more blocks and this one being 48" wide instead of two why not make it bed size? I notice you do not usually do that - is it that it is easier to sell smaller quilts and/or that you don't prefer bed size?
I always notice so many blogging quilters mention they make couch size or smaller but rarely bed size so I'm just curious. I really like what you are doing with color on this one.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Wanda, I am curious as well, regarding the longer length.


























Wanda, I too am curious regarding the addition of another row, which would make it 2 feet longer in length, than it is wide, which, to me, seems disproportionate. Keep warm.













t

Nann said...

That's going to be a long and narrow quilt, IMO. The blocks look very interesting on point, FWIW....

Roxanne said...

Love your new blocks! My guess is that the design you’ve laid out falls into a four block grouping that you wanted to maintain. Still a nice comfy long lap size to cover toes. I look forward to seeing the lights and darks in their own quilt. Are you tempted to put in a narrow sashing for all those edge seams?

Julierose said...

I like the idea of light and dark quilts...I come to you in the midst of a raging blizzard--!! Hoping we won't lose power...hugs, Julierose ;000

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I really like this one. You have made each block so interesting and beautiful!