Saturday, January 22, 2022

More and more triangles.............


Yesterday morning I changed the dark blocks to flow in the same direction as the light blocks.








Last night I put some more pieces and parts of blocks up on the design wall.  I'm not sure if I want to continue with this.  Maybe I'll change out the dark 4" squares to a more medium color.  I'm glad it is still all in pieces and that the blocks aren't sewn together yet.



I have a few more sections sewn together, more squares sewn with 2 triangles and lots of matched sets of triangles left to sew together.

I may switch back to the yellow crazy pieced top and get the borders figured out for it today.

6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Hope you are snug and warm during this deep freeze. I learn so much by watching your quilts evolve and can see where medium value squares might be better in this quilt.

Julierose said...

This is a tough one to visualize for me; getting that flow right is a challenge...you have a whole lot of 1/2 sq triangles to work with--which is good...enjoy... hugs, Julierose

Roxanne said...

I like all the things you are trying with these blocks. The new block, top right, is a knock out!

JJM said...

It’s fun to see how you create a totally different look, just turning the blocks. Just looking at these blocks, shows me how time consuming they would be for me. I think you must stitch triangles together in production line system, only you can stitch faster than any one else I know. . . . I’d love to see your Yellow crazy quilt bordered and finished for January. (*._.*)

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree with the less dark and more medium squares. AND that you are designing with the blocks in sections rather than assembled.

Needled Mom said...

I really like the solid squares in there. It’s looking really nice.