Thursday, January 6, 2022

Loaded and ready to quilt............


The backing is pressed, the 3 layers are loaded and ready for quilting.  Maybe today it will happen.






I have been dividing the tumblers into 2 groups as I cut them. There are 2 each of most of the fabrics and 4 each of 2 fabrics.  There are 60 here and 56 waiting.  I need to make 4 more crazy pieced blocks for an even 60.  If I make 11 rows of 11 I will need one more block.  As soon as I move some of the pieces to different positions I can sew the top 5 rows together and move that piece higher up on the wall and design the second half of 6 rows.

9 comments:

patty a. said...

Good job getting that quilt loaded. You will have a finish soon! Love the flannel tumbler layout. Flannel quilts are fun to make.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt looks wonderful on the longarm. Can't wait to see it quilted.

Julierose said...

I love those crazy pieced tumblers sprinkled about!!
Good job getting your quilt ready to go...hugs, Julierose

Lesley Gilbert said...

So near to a finish with your orphan blocks. I recently bought a tumbler template which allows for 4 sizes. I've always loved seeing your tumbler quilts so decided to have a go; hopefully someday soon :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wow - quilt top straight to quilt sandwich ready to quilt. That might happen with Smitten here, too. Love how you add in the crazy pieced tumblers - what fun!

Sue Vermeland said...

Those crazy patched tumblers add such a great kick! to this one....As always, great cohesive project! Of course, the one on the LA really speaks to me. Such interesting little parts here and there on it.

JJM said...

Enjoy seeing the progress on both your quilts. I agree with everyone else your crazy pieced tumblers add such fun to it.

We now have literally 12” of snow on the valley floor. An extra 3’ in the mountains.. Get ready if our weather continues to travel east.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, I do love that quilt! It is just a delight to me. I need to make another tumbler quilt. I had not thought of making crazy piecing blocks from the offcuts. I'll have to try that, too! See, you just make my list of things to do longer and longer! LOL!

Connie said...

It must feel really good to have it all put together and on your rack and ready to go. Have fun!