Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Another flannel quilt designed...........


I got the 2 halves of the flannel tumbler pressed yesterday but haven't sewn the last seam yet.  I cut the rectangles for this flannel quilt on Sunday.  Since the design wall was empty I decided to design this one yesterday.  I still have some 4.5" squares to cut to fill in on the left side.  Then I can start sewing.  I made a quilt like this with Kaffe fabrics shown on this post.

I have another quilt lined up too.  I will use these 2.5" strips to make 16 patches.  I like that width of strip because I can get 2 blocks out of each pair of fabrics.  
I have some 2" strips cut more than 10 years ago that I am thinking of making a 16 patch with.  There are 2 strips of each fabric so I think I can get 5 blocks out of a full width group of 4 two inch strips.  Since the blocks will only be 6" finished that one will take a long time to sew.
I also have another flannel quilt ready to be cut with 4" tumblers.  It will have a lot of the same fabrics as the 9" tumbler quilt.
 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

These flannels will be a lovely group of quilts...nice work--hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Another pretty flannel quilt in progress. It's good to have projects lined up.

Marnie Haines said...

Wow, Wanda, you are on a roll! So great to see such creativity from former projects not only planned, but sewn together. You're off to a wonderful start this year, hopefully inspiring us all! Marnie

Cherie in St Louis said...

It's below freezing today in Evans City PA and seeing your flannel quilt in progress gives me a soft, warm and cozy feel :)

JJM said...

Love those flannel rectangles, fun surprise again. The blues, the rusty reds, the prints, are all so mesmerizing. They really pulled me in. Good progress on all your many projects.

JJM

Vicki W said...

Boy when you aren't gardening you can roll through some quilts very fast!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your flannel bricks gave me a really good idea for a low volume quilt I've been pondering. I have not made a bricks type quilt - I think the time is sooner now instead of someday far in the future.

Connie said...

Such pretty flannel fabric. Do you have trouble with it raveling? I was told to take 1/2 inch seams instead of 1/4 inch. Then another friend told me that she joins her flannel on a serger. My sister-in-law gave me a serger when she moved to Arizona. My big mistake is that I didn't have her show me how to use it or thread it. I finally gave up and put it away. It's not that I don't have the manual, I do . . . I guess I'm just a hands on learner.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You have a LOT of pretty flannels! I like the rectangles you are using now. I guess it's the weather. It's cooler here and it makes me want to make a flannel one, too. But I have dog beds to make envelope quilts for first, and a tiny piece baby quilt to get done.