Thursday, January 20, 2022

Back to mindless sewing...........



I have been sewing sets of 24 squares, some all alike in a stack, others similar fabrics and not all matched.





Some have been sewn to the next stage.








This is the block I will be making.  This is just 9 parts on the design wall, not sewn together.  The names of the block are Winged Square or Cut Glass Dish.  I will try it with the triangle parts turned 180 degrees and 3 dark squares to see if I like that better.  I thought I had a stack of 4.5" squares already cut but couldn't find them last night.  I'll keep looking today. 

Meanwhile I'm still cutting the next flannel quilt and I'll cut another Pickle Dish block. 

10 comments:

Roxanne said...

That’s a fun bunch of sewing! Love the block you laid out!

Julierose said...

Very pretty block--lots of pieces in it;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Chris said...

Fun block! I love quilts with lots of half square triangles! This is good sewing weather, have fun and stay warm!

patty a. said...

That block is so pretty! How big are your HSTs? I have a bunch of triangles that are cutoffs from squaring up chevron quilts and I want to make HST out of them. Unlike you, I do not have a die cutting machine so there will be a lot of cutting one at a time.

Lynn Dykstra said...

I'm working on the same block!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love cut glass (the kind in dishes). And I now love that block . . . more wonderful fodder for my love affair with HSTs.

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty!!!!

JJM said...

Mindless sewing ? I don’t think so, you’ve got so many projects going right now I don’t know how you do it. Anxious to see the changes you’re going to make on “Cut Glass’. It amazes me that so many triangles can create such fun designs.

JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nice block. Love everything about it

Nann said...

I recall Cut Glass Dish from block books I got early in my quilting career. Back then I thought it was a dull block.......but since then I've seen many interesting ways to compose fabrics and to set the blocks. Your version is one of them. (And heaven knows I have a lot of triangles....)