Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tryouts

During the day yesterday with my art quilters group I tried several different layouts. I let them see the last one that I had posted before I took them down and tried other things. First I thought I should see if I want to do 2 separate quilts, so all cool, blue, purple and green was first. Then to make it bigger I tried adding the multicolor blenders.
Then I did all of the warms plus one blender block.
In the end I decided there were 3 blocks that I just couldn't live with in the batch, and 3 of my friends offered to take them home so I wouldn't have to deal with them. The layout below is the one that I like the best so I have to make one more block to finish it. I think this piece wanted to be square, not rectangular.
Just one nature shot today. The violet plants get to be almost a foot tall in some places in my garden.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

How kind of your friends to take those blocks off your hands!! I'm sure it was only to help you out. ;)

Elaine Adair said...

Surely I will not be the only person who will mention the similarity of your blue-green blocks and the violets and leaves. That should be some kind of message here - looks like a theme.

Cathi said...

It's going to be gorgeous. Lucky friends who took home those blocks!

Lynda said...

Good decision with the blocks. Can't wait to see how you border them.

meggie said...

Those blocks are wandaful!

How I love Violets! I have never seen them so high. My Aunt had a wonderful crop under her back steps, but her sheep ate them all, when she let them in, to eat the grass on her lawn!

Michael5000 said...

I'm with ya; I think it was the right choice for the piece.

Lucky friends!

Rebel said...

You know... I'm kind of liking the idea of two quilts.

Love the violets!