Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ready to sew

I have been sewing more blocks for this piece the last couple nights. I decided last night to do a layout and see if I needed more. After I took this picture I started sewing rows. It will change a little in the sewing because some rows are mostly narrower blocks (more seams) and some rows are wider blocks. I will have to make some blocks to fill in at the ends of the short rows. I think I will keep working on this idea and continue to make more blocks.

My email is down this morning. I have internet, just no email. I tried sending myself an email from my yahoo account but nothing is coming through to Comcast. I guess I will call and see what the problem is. I called and they are checking on the problem. I can send from Comcast, just can't recieve. Here is my alternate email if you need to contact me.

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Wow!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous... I am desperately in need of a free-form, quasi-random project right now and I love working with batiks (but haven't for a while)... I shall name my version Shiva or Sheloshim.

Thank you!

Cathi said...

Incredible! You're creating yet another gorgeous piece! It is so stunning.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Again, you live up to the name of your blog! The color draws my eye all over this piece. I really like it!

Candy Schultz said...

Wow that looks quite large and is, as usual, gorgeous.

Sharon said...

You are always an inspiration!! Those quilt blocks look like lots of fun! I can't wait to see what you do with this one.
As I put away all my fabrics, I daydream a lot about what to do with all of it. All I need to do is visit your blog for ideas!

Anonymous said...

Windows of color~ Blocks of grandeur~ Squares of beauty~ As I was studying it for a time, those thoughts came to me. I could not decide on which comment to send so I sent them all.

J~MT

meggie said...

What a great idea, to just go with the blocks. Looking really good.

Purple Pam said...

Another wonderful quilt. I love the batiks. The simple square pattern is so great in your colorful batiks. I cannot wait to see the finished piece.

Clare said...

Beautiful. A riot of colour.

Joyce said...

I love color and i love random and this one does both. Beautiful!

Michael5000 said...

Nice! Love the luminous core...