Thursday, May 1, 2008

Row quilt

Every time I saw a picture of a row quilt I wanted to make one. The opportunity came about 6 or 7 years ago when I was asked to teach a basic quilt class where the students would learn a bunch of different techniques. I had taught the sampler quilt class for over 20 years and was tired of it so I decided on a row quilt.
Since the class went on for 5 or 6 weeks, I was really tired of this quilt by then. My attention span was pulled to the limit. I put this away and wished it would disappear. I pulled it out yesterday and added the strip pieced borders which were already made, and it will be shipped off to VickiW to be quilted as a QOV quilt. It is a good way to make it disappear.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

You're sick of it, but someone else will love it! I like it, but I always find row quilts charming. Red, white and blue seems stuck in the patriotic mold, but that flowery fabric really changes things and makes the patterns very interesting.

MJMR said...

Love the Red, White & Blue. Yes I know where you are coming from. Teaching a quilting class over more than 2-3 weeks can get boring.

Diane said...

What a great contribution to the Quilts of Valor Program.

Lynda said...

You and I have the same prrobem - short attention span! The quilt is lovely, but maybe the lack of three hundred different colours meant you tired of it!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect quilt to send to QOV, I understand your emotions with the making of this quilt, but it finished beautifully. The recipient will love it...

J~MT

Paula, the quilter said...

I can't make a 1 or 2 block quilt because, like you, I get heartily sick of it. I need to go through my orphan blocks and see if I can use some in a row quilt. Thanks for planting the seed.

TB said...

The colors are perfect for a QOV. Wanda, that is a wonderful thing to do. I have never heard of a row quilt, so this is my first introduction. I perhaps would have tired of making it, but from my perspective, it is lovely. The eventual recipient will love it.