Saturday, May 10, 2008

New layout

I moved some blocks around, with the colors straight across instead of the diagonal movement before. I like these blocks in person, I'm still having a hard time with them in a picture. The Internet was down for most of the morning. What an inconvenience that is when I am used to posting before 9 a.m. Well anyway they were back up before the time they predicted, so I'm happy.
Here are green with white edges, hostas.
Smaller plant, white with green edges.
Medium size with lots of yellow, a sun lover.
This one is shaded by the orange tiger lilies and invaded by the evening primrose next to it.

6 comments:

meggie said...

Your garden is looking so lush!
Blocks still look great to me.

TB said...

The Hostas are so gorgeous. I like this stage best, believe it or not. Can't qualify it, but I like this configuration for the blocks better. Of course, you have be satisfied with the layout!

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like this layout too. Half-closed eyes... sometimes it's just the space showing or the bits of design way. It is lively, interesting!

So are your hosta. Mine won't be up for a few weeks. Moan.

Mom loved her quilt. I forgot to take a picture, but she says it won't go on her bed until she has finished showing it to all her friends!

Dixie Redmond said...

Wanda - I like hostas, too!

Your quilt is coming along - I like this arrangement better. Beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING wrong with the blocks.
They're wonderful individually and have an interesting variety among them.
What if. . . you put the blue in the center area and the red on the outer area. . . . or vice versa?
KS

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda- I love hostas too. Also ferns. I am trying to fill in the entire bed on the north side of my house with them.

teri