Saturday, May 17, 2008

Finally some quilting

Last night I cut some pieces for another store sample. this pattern is called Fractions and I'm using some Laurel Burch fabrics, some from the store, some from my own collection. I need to make the store samples small because of limited wall space so it is 3 blocks by 4 instead of 4 x 5. I'm ready to sew the blocks together and I will go back today and pick out a border. Early spring flowers: forget me nots. Also a little creeping Charlie to keep it company.
Hardy geranium.
This bird came back to visit so I could take a picture with my new camera. He is so elegant looking and struts around like he owns the place.
Today I will plant my porch pots. One of the nursing homes in town had a fund raiser selling plants Thursday and Friday. I got geraniums for $3.75 and got several different varieties.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cute quilt pattern! It looks similar to the techniques from the Successful Scrap Quilts book.

jovaliquilts said...

It's a wonderful quilt -- when the fabric is great, layout really sets it off.

Love the bit of yellow on that sparrow.

Anonymous said...

The variety of plants are like that of your quilts. They all grow, and compliment each other. Todays quilt is fun and colorful, another one of your treasures. And I always enjoy the birds.

J~MT

meggie said...

I love that bright cheery quilt! That gold is wonderful.