Thursday, May 8, 2008

A little sewing, a little nature

I got 2 more blocks together last night. The one on the right is a re-work of the one laying on my cutting table from Tuesday's post. I moved the light center pieces out to the corners and also added some more dark purple. If I make the quilt on point, I either have to add 5 more blocks (including these 2) or take out 2 that are in it and replace them with these. I have enough Thangles for 1 more block. I could always make the last 2 blocks the old fashioned way, cutting squares, slicing them diagonally and sewing along the diagonal. Here is another coral bell that didn't make it into the post yesterday. It has 2 different color leaves on the same plant. They are more purple at times.
One of the hardy geraniums is blooming.
The columbine is shooting buds up on long stems.
I took this picture a couple days ago. I love it when the sky is that blue.
Most trees are leafing out. Spring is really here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After looking at your blocks and spring foliage, there is a similar look to those coral bell leaves and geranium leaves with all the points, as with your blocks.

Your photo's are lovely along with your new blocks.

J~MT

Rebel said...

Oooh... I love those big pink popcorn trees!

The blocks look good... I say take two out and add these back in. If you decide to make more blocks can you photocopy the thangles or is that bad form?

meggie said...

Your garden photos are lovely. I don't think I have ever seen those Coral Bell plants, but love the leaves, also the colours.
You blocks are stunning.

Hope your mother's legs get sorted. My 90 year old uncle had a knee replacement 5 years ago, & I think they did it because he is so sharp mentally.He is a little deaf too, but does not need glasses!!