Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Goldfinch

I think the Goldfinches really want me to know they are still around. This guy landed on the bush outside my window but by the time I got my camera, he was over on the tree. He posed for me though. And then he decided it was lunch time.
Mrs. Goldfinch landed on the crossbar of my window but the picture didn't turn out good. Here she is eating some of the little pieces on the forsythia bush.
I have to start a new project. Here are about half of the fabrics that I am going to use. I'm using a simple pattern from an old quilt magazine, plain square and 4 patches that make a chain block. I'll show some progress tomorrow. So far I have just cut some strips and the larger squares.
I finished planting the rest of the perennials and some of the annuals yesterday. It is supposed to rain tonight so I need to finish planting the annuals today.

10 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Gorgeous shots of the goldfinches! Can't wait to see what your are going to do with the fabric...

Anonymous said...

Just wondering... your day only has 24 hours, too, right?
Thanks for a wonderful blog. I truly enjoy all the photos of the quilts and gardens and wildlife!

Lyn

jovaliquilts said...

Love those fabrics -- at first I thought the photo showed something pieced! And Mr. Goldfinch is a beautiful color, too. Mother Nature seems to know what she's doing.

Sequana said...

I love seeing fabrics all laid out and ready to go. No matter what colors, really.

It always makes me want to go buy something new.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Goldfinch made me LOL with that petal dripping from her beak. You captured her in action.

Yummy warm colors for your next project. Terracotta/rust colors are steeped in rich warmth.

Love Lyn's comment/question... "your day only has 24 hours, too, right?" I have said this before, when leaving a comment but will say it again, "you are my energizer bunny friend."

J~MT

Diana said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those beautiful tans, browns, and rusts.

meggie said...

Lovely colours!
When I saw your Goldfinches, I remembered we used to have those in New Zealand. I don't think there are any left now. I wonder why.

Nicole said...

Your fabric palette is beautiful! We don't have colorful birds out here in California where I live. I love going to Wisconsin to visit my sister, where she has blue birds, gold finches, wood peckers and all sorts of pretty birds.

Sharon said...

You've got great bird photos!
I'm enjoying the birds here in Washington state. There are many different ones than the birds in California. Today we saw a Pileated Woodpecker! That was very cool!

And your fabrics are a great assortment of textures and prints and colors. They look so yummy together. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with them!

Jeanne said...

As Nicole mentioned in a comment above, the birds out here west of the Rockies are lots different than there in Illinois. I really miss seeing cardinals!
Jeanne :)