Monday, May 5, 2008

Color everywhere

This is my neighbors' flowering crab apple tree. It is beautiful like this every other year. This redbud tree was about 3 feet tall in 1994 and I tried to give it away. I tried the next year to give it away but everybody that wanted one didn't have time to come and dig it out. I finally decided to let it grow even though it is too close to the house. I had all of the back branches trimmed out a couple years ago. The squirrels climb a tree in the back yard, jump onto my roof, and then come down this tree in the front yard.
This one is a flowering cherry, I forget the actual name, and it is in the front corner of the house.
I put these blocks up on the design wall this morning. They are part of a sample for a store for a pattern called "Color Falls".
It is going to be warm and sunny today so I am going to be outside digging in the dirt part of the day. I have a few plants to move to a better location and some more clean up work to be done.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's nice to see Spring again! It's already passed here. Our redbuds are all leafed out now and you took my Rose-Breasted Grosbeak too! LOL!
The new quilt is very cool.

Kristin L said...

Enjoy the dirt and the sun -- I'm convinced that people need to photosynthesize too!

Rebel said...

I just love flowering trees. Spring is such a nice time of year.. tulips and blossoming trees are like Mother Nature's apology for all the cold & rain & snow of winter!

jovaliquilts said...

The new quilt is great! I am always amazed by how such simple designs carry such impact.

I think it's a particularly beautiful spring this year, though maybe it's just because winter was so long. We just drove home from Indy and there were flowering trees along the highway the whole time. Really lovely!

Anonymous said...

I like 'Rebel's' thoughts about spring as "Mother Nature's apology for all the cold and rain and snow of winter."

"Color Falls" ~ the gradation is 'electric' with your dark back ground, a stunning brilliance. Love it!

J~MT

p.s. I found all of the grosbeak in Sunday's photo.

meggie said...

What beautiful blossom trees. We are having some pretty auntumn toned leaves here. I thought of you, when I saw a beautiful leafed tree, & remembered your copied leaves. I should have picked some of them up.

Colour Falls looks very nice.