Sunday, September 1, 2024

August 2024 Monthly recap............................

"

 I had 4 finishes in August.  Pink Hearts and 4 Patches is 59" x 76".  The top was finished in February 2023.  Printed cottons and batiks.

Fonthill, my interpretation of a Kaffe quilt by the same name, is 62.5" x 75".  The top was finished in July 2023. It is at least half batik fabrics in the 2" triangles, and a mix of lots of other print fabrics.  Many are Kaffe collective fabrics.

The Square Within, Karla Alexander's name for the original quilt, is 51" x 73".  Kaffe collective and Martha Negley fabric.  The top was completed in October 2022.

Neutral Triangles and Checkerboard is 49" x 65".  It is all batik fabrics and the top was completed in January 2023.

All of these were quilted by Robin Diaz.


Two quilt tops were completed.  Neutral Batik 16 patch is 72" x 96".  The blocks were made in 2018.

Single Irish Chain is made of fabrics by designer Terrie Mangat.  The simple pattern with large blocks was perfect to showcase the wild fabrics.  I am slowly cutting another quilt with these fabrics.


When I got my mail yesterday I noticed the shaggy center Red Coneflower has lots of new buds and several new blooms.  I don't water this garden much because perennials are pretty hardy.  The old blooms had started drying up and I figured it was done for the season.  Then we got over 4" of rain in several storms combined and it came back.  This photo is in bright sunshine (and not so great) and I meant to go back out when it was in the shade and take another photo.  Maybe on another day.

Thanks to everyone who spoke up to help me with a decision on the Laurel Burch fabrics.  I was surprised by how many said half yards.  Only about 5 of the fabrics are several yards, the rest all half and full yards with a few 2 yard pieces.  I hadn't considered fat quarters, was thinking straight quarters.  Most of the prints are small to medium, only about a fourth of them are large prints.  Here is a quilt I made with some of the prints.


This is a baby quilt and the largest pieces are only about 4" x 7.5".  It is made with 7" squares and 4.5" strips and after assembly the blocks are cut off center in both directions, pieces shuffled, and sewn back together.  The quilt is about 48" square.  

I will start measuring the fabrics and try to decide how to sell them.  The first thing I need to do is to cut a piece off all of the ones I want to keep.  The rest will be sold.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Another very productive month, Wanda. Fonthill is truly impressive and the colors of Square With sing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have so many finished quilts it must be a good feeling to know you are going through the stacks finishing them

JJM said...

What a grand Sunday post Wanda. And your production for August 2024 is one to be remembered. I can see your friend Robin has really helped you with quilting. I’m sure she loves quilting your quilts, working on them ‘up close and personal’ has to be a treat for her. Great team work.

Julierose said...

Just beautiful finishes all for August, Wanda;))) Being the scrap quilt lover that I am I do love that sq within a sq one a lot--great pattern for using scraps I think...hope the rest of this long weekend is a good one for you...we are relaxing after watching a riveting FI race in Italy...phew--good one this time!! Hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Love your finished quilts for August! They are each so very different in colors, it is certain they kept you from getting tired of working with the same colors!
It's amazing what some water does for garden plants, isn't it?

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Another good month for finishes!! The cot quilt your'e showing is a good example of the various ranges she designed.

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed spending time with this wonderful woman!!!! I am honored to be the one quilting for her 💜Robin