Monday, September 30, 2024

Pinwheels and vintage cookware..................


I turned on the iron on my little ironing station in my main floor studio.  First I pressed the 12 pinwheel blocks I had sewn the night before.




Next I pressed all of the squares I had sewn a couple nights ago.  I went ahead and sewed the pinwheel blocks too but didn't turn the iron back on to press them yet.  Now I have 28 twelve inch pinwheel blocks and it is time to decide what size quilt I am making.  5 x 5 isn't an option because I don't make square throw quilts.  That leaves 4 x 6 = 48" x 72" and maybe would get a border.  Two more blocks would make 5 x 6 = 60" x 72".  7 more blocks would make 5 x 7 = 60" x 84".  I have enough light triangles already cut for 7 more blocks and would just need to cut the dark ones.


While I thought about that I baked a pan of brownies, Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Brownie mix with added dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chunks.





I use my 65 year old Foley 8" x 11" pan instead of the 9" x 13" standard cake pan.  I use 3 eggs with the mix for a cake like brownie and then bake in a smaller pan for a tall brownie.  I did a search for Foley bakeware and only found one Etsy store that had this pan listed but it was already sold.  I found a replacement lid on ebay.  I have used this pan for so many things over the years and love the size.  The snap on lid is great too.

If I had been thinking about my post a little earlier in the day I could have done my monthly recap but at 11 p.m. (Sunday) when I am starting to write this, it is too late for it so that will be tomorrow's post.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the quilt colors and the pan! Wonderful that we can still find vintage things on EBay and Etsy!
hugs, Have a Great week!
Donna
Donna