Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Trimmed...................


I started out yesterday morning by baking a rhubarb cake.  It will be my breakfast for a few days.

Then I went to the basement and trimmed the quilt from a free pattern called Spa Quads and made with 3 lines of e Bond's fabrics.  I chose the black print for the binding because it is one I didn't use in the quilt top.  I am planning on doing this binding all by machine.

In the afternoon I started ironing all of the Laurel Burch fabrics.  Now I can start cutting them into fabric packs for a destash sale.  Saturday I had sorted through all of them and pulled everything smaller than a half yard and put them in my pile to keep.  I will have to have at least a half yard if I'm going to cut fat quarters.  

8 comments:

Julierose said...

That black fabric will make a nice contrast for the binding;)))
60 here and sunny once more; hoping to get out for a short walk today as we are finally feeling better...
Rhubarb cake sounds really good...I haven't had that for years!!
Hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

I Googled Spa Quads - it's a neat pattern. The black print for binding will look pretty sharp.
My "new" old Janome will go to the repair shop this morning. Hopefully it won't be there too many days. I have plenty of non-sewing things to do in my room in the meantime!

Donna said...

Oh, it's going to be so pretty!
hugs
Donna

patty a. said...

You had a busy day!

Nann said...

Thanks for the reminder about Spa Quads. e Bond is new to me -- another great designer. Enjoy the rhubarb cake!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't remember the Spa Quads quilt. Rhubarb cake sounds good - the last rhubarb I planted was three years ago and it didn't do well once again and didn't even come up this year so I quit planting it. I think there are enough people from the north now that live here and want rhubarb that one of the local grocery stores seems to be selling it now between June (or July?) and still have it now. It used to be you couldn't find it here.

JJM said...

By now you have had your cake and onto stitching the binding on your quilt also. And a delicious way to start your day with a piece of rhubarb cake.

Barbara Anne said...

What a wonderful binding fabric and it will compliment the quilt it will soon surround!
You may have my share of rhubarb in the world. :-)

Hugs!