Monday, September 9, 2024

More Kaffe fabric..............


Sometimes I order the 6" rolls of the new Kaffe collective fabrics, especially when I think there might be a few I want to order but I want to see them first.  There are 20 fabrics in a roll.

This year they were labeled Cool and Hot.  This photo is most of the ones in the cool pack.  There were a couple I might have to have more of.


These 3 were also in the pack but I have already purchased a half yard of each of them.  I'm always happy when they have fabrics that read as one color prints.




This is the Hot group and there aren't any I would order from this group but I have a 6" strip in case I need one of them.





These 2 are possibilities that I may have to buy.  The one on the bottom is a really large print and very pretty in a few of the colors.  It is a Philip Jacobs fabric.


Pink trends (from yesterday's post) were discussed in a few of the comments yesterday and in emails.  One mentioned it was Mamie Eisenhower's favorite color and I had forgotten that.  In the 1950s my grandma talked my grandpa into pink wool carpeting for their living room and my mother painted our kitchen pink.  My 1954 house has pink ceramic tile in the bathroom.  Someone mentioned a revival of the pink/gray, maybe in the 1980s.  I'm not sure what year but I do remember that.  Now the pink is all Barbie pink after the movie came out.  For all of us who love pink we don't need to wait for a reason to use it.

12 comments:

Donna said...

Pink is my favorite color!
Love the materials!
hugs
Donna

Julierose said...

Love those KF cools--nice easy on the eyes greens...;)))
I didn't know about those KF 6"rolls...interesting...
47 here this morning...feeling better as my fever broke
last night...talk about a lost weekend--phew!!
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Pretty fabric! When I moved into my current early 1960's house, the one bathroom was pink tile and had black tile trim, but the previous owner had sponge painted over all of it except for the patch behind the toilet so that is how I knew what color it was. The bathtub, sink and toilet were also pink! Had to gut the entire bathroom because of water damage. I painted my office pink when I worked at the chemical plant and I painted my living room at a home I lived in years ago pink.

Linda said...

Love the cools! I'm OK with pink, and I love to sew with it - seems to go with a lot of different colors. My youngest granddaughter is waiting patiently for her Barbie quilt. ;)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I remember reading and seeing photos of Mamie Eisenhower and pink I was too young to be interested in her but was old enough for Jackie Kennedy.Those are all nice colors and good idea to get the 6 inch rolls.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The three cools that you showed are the three that I had ordered half yards of. I didn't fall in love with any of the hot colors aside from one pink from Philip Jacobs. You already know I am a fellow pink lover - not just Barbie pink but the whole range.

Nann said...

Both palettes/assortments are gorgeous--when they're massed by color theme they are especially vibrant. The print that really appeals is the wavy one (top two in the second photo, and then a hot version lower down).

Connie said...

I love the jewel tones of your fabric, these are going to make a gorgeous quilt :)

MissPat said...

Which online store do you order the 6" Kaffe rolls from? I've not heard of them before.
Pat

Barbara Anne said...

What delicious fabrics and although I love pink, I'm drawn to the greens and blues. Yum!

Hugs!

JJM said...

What a great post you showed us today. Those fabrics are so inviting and waiting to be featured in one of your creations.

Mystic Quilter said...

Smart idea to go with the 6" rolls first off, I did that one time a few years ago. I ordered a few from Glorious Color and they should be here in a couple of days. I needed a new cutting mat and visited the patchwork store, they had just received their bolts and were placing them on shelves, I was amazed at the size of the Jungle prints.