Monday, September 2, 2024

Triangles.................


Not much happened here yesterday.  We had beautiful weather and it was a good day for relaxing.

I have 111 of 143 triangles squares sewn, none pressed yet.  I need to cut a few more pink triangles to continue.  I was able to get 144 6" triangles out of 2 1/2 yards of the grey and white dotted fabric that is paired with a variety of pinks, leftovers from 2 other projects. 


I rarely buy panels with Marcia Derse panels being the exception.  This one could be cut up in used in many blocks or maybe as a section of a backing.  Meanwhile I'm just enjoying looking at it. 

 

7 comments:

Carol said...

I love that Marcia Derse panel! Is that from her new line, Stenographer's Notebook? I'm not really a fan of batiks but I love the fun designs in this line! Question... is the panel batik also?

Linda said...

Those pink triangles are pretty. That Marcia Derse panel - a beauty!

Julierose said...

Good Morning--weather here continues cool and sunny 67 degrees.
I do love that Marcia Derse panel--I didn't know they even existed! I can see how pretty this one is...I am looking forward to seeing the setting for your pink triangles...have a great Labor Day hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have a lot of pressing to do. That last photo shows a lot of interest will be wondering on what the end results looks like

Nann said...

The MD panel is a work of art in itself! It would be hard to cut into it.

patty a. said...

I am not a panel person, but that is a really cool one! It doesn't look like a panel.

Sally Langston Warren said...

I don’t typically buy panels either but I have one of Marcia Derse’s from Art History. My plan is to use it in the center of a quilt like a medallion and then add several (like maybe 7-10) borders around it, some being her fabrics and others that I like with them. I have some vintage fabrics I would like to use. I actually have two pieces of that fabric so I am considering finishing the edges of one and using it as a scarf.