Thursday, September 26, 2024

Sorting scraps.............


Yesterday was a day of waiting for the phone call that would tell me when my pacemaker replacement surgery would happen.  I was disappointed to hear it is late afternoon today.  I really wanted a morning appointment.

I couldn't settle down to any project so I decided to clean up all of the little piles of scraps in the main floor studio.  They needed to be sorted into like types.  I ended up with Kaffe's, African, batik, misc. prints, and scraps left from a project (that I want to keep together).  The Kaffe scraps will go into the bag with the other pieces that I am making wonky blocks from.  The African pieces will go into one of the African scrap boxes.  I have a bag of small batik scraps in the basement where the batik pile will go.  I'll do some more clean up this morning.

 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Good idea to keep busy with sorting scraps while you have to wait....
63 here early this morning and on the humid side again!!
Hope all goes well for you today...hang in there--sending good thoughts for positive outcome...hugs, Julieroe

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the afternoon appointment! You know there is someone getting up at dawn for an early appointment wishing they had one late in the day!

Ceci

Cherie Moore said...

Keeping your hands and mind busy is the best way to wait out the anxious hours. I have empathy for you since your pacemaker is what keeps you going 100% of the time…….having it replaced must be anxiety inducing for sure.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best with your procedure today.

Anonymous said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way as you have your pacemaker replaced this afternoon.
Sandra B
scb23229@yahoo.com

patty a. said...

A late appointment makes for a long day of being anxious. I am sure everything will go smoothly and you will be back in action after some rest.

Marnie Haines said...

Sending wishes today to you Wanda for an excellent experience this afternoon when you tend to your pacemaker. Have so enjoyed your plethora of projects this summer. The heat surely did not slow you down. Marnie

Donna said...

Sending prayer to you! I also hate afternoon surgeries!
hugs
Donna

JJM said...

My MRI is scheduled this afternoon. Not late but mid afternoon. I’m thinking about you and your procedure and mine is minimal compared to yours. But I’ll be thinking of you as they roll me into that culvert like thing. I just pray I don’t have a claustrophobic attack.

Barbara Anne said...

Sorry for the bother of the late afternoon appt. as I am so with you in getting things over in the morning (not too early!) is much, much better.
Hope the person who takes you and drives you home afterwards will stay with you for a while and will provide you a light supper or whatever kind of supper you can manage.
Love those delicious fabric bits!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today Wanda💞🦋sending good thoughts your way and we’ll be anxious to hear how it went. Hugs to you💐