Monday, November 27, 2023

Working on the second quilt..........


I got the binding cut and sewn on this second huge quilt, Blooming 9 Patch.  I have the first side finished by machine, stitching in the ditch next to the binding on the front to catch the flap of binding on the back.  It isn't perfect and I'm only showing you a good spot.  The binding and backing are the same so I don't think it is a major problem
Here are some of the prettier fabrics in the quilt.  I will work on the binding today and hopefully finish it.






We got about 2" of snow yesterday and the street melted off by late afternoon.  It's only going to be 27 today and tomorrow so the snow will stay on the grass.  This photo shows all of the Brown Eyed Susans and Black Eyed Susans left standing for the winter.  According the nature experts this leaves a wintering over place for a lot of insects in the stems.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am glad it was sunny here for the most part yesterday with no snow. The Blooming nine patch is such a wonderful pattern. Yours looks to be a good one.

Julierose said...

No snow here as yet--lots of rain and wind last night though--kept waking me up!! 45 degrees now and sunny...
Good work on that sewn binding--I've never done one that way where you catch the the flap on the back--I will have to try that...
enjoy the snowfall--looks so pretty. Last year we only ever got a small snowfall once--hoping for more this year...it doesn't seem like Winter without some snow...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we have had no snow here but I heard the mountains to the north of us had flurries the other night

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in getting the binding on this second large quilt!! Nice to have had enough of the backing fabric to make the binding from it.

Is there a link to show the entire top of this interesting 2nd quilt?

No snow here but the low tomorrow night is forecast to be 15*F. Yikes!

Hugs!

helenreimers said...

I would like to see the whole quilt too. It looks so interesting. So please, can you show us

JJM said...

Of course you will show us the quilt with finishes for November (*._.*). The photo shown of fabric with the ‘frosted edges on the leaves’ is so very pretty, we want to see more.

Our heavy snow fall in early October is beginning to make us feel that was our winter. Its all gone now and my skiing family is pouting because we don’t have enough snow at all for the local resort to open.

JJM

pbj fiber marietta said...

You're on a roll Wanda! Good for you! You are so inspiring and I appreciate so much all the interesting things you share with us.

Vicki W said...

You have snow and I'm complaining that it's going to be in the 40's tomorrow! LOL!

Patty said...

That’s great you have the binding done one the second big quilt. The binding looks fine. We are always more critical of our work. I like how it blends with the top and someone will love it.

Connie said...

This quilt looks very interesting. I am looking forward to seeing it all spread out when it's finished. I love how your mind works in mixing fabrics and colors. You are a very talented woman.
Happy quilting,
Connie :)