Wednesday, November 22, 2023

2nd quilt top for November.............


I Spy 2 top is sewn together now.  All I need to do now is get both of the I Spy quilts finished for Christmas.  There are 120 unique novelty prints in this quilt top, each square finishing at 6".  The top is 68.5" x 80.5".  I'm planning on putting flannel on the back of both of the I Spy Quilts.


When I went out to check the rain gauge I noticed the pansy is still hanging in there.  It has been there even on the nights it was down to the mid-20s.  I knew they liked cooler weather but now I know they like cold weather too.  We got a half inch of rain overnight Monday night.  That is the only measurable rain this month so far.

Today I will be trimming the 2 quilts I got back yesterday and cutting and sewing on binding.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I've put pansies in my proch planters. Fingers crossed the deer don't come that close to our house. They love pasies.

Julierose said...

Wow what a hardy pansy--lovely surprise:)))
The uniqueness of all the fabrics in your I Spy makes it even nicer!! It really reflects what a wonderful fabric collection you've amassed!!

53, very windy and raining here today..a good day to get our house in shape for our guests on Friday....

I sewed the last six Old Italian blocks and put them aside for truing up until my new ruler holder comes in the mail!!
Hugs, under our newly stripped trees--it really looks like Winter now!! Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Pansies are considered fall and winter plants here - although the pansies rarely make it all the way through the winter months. I think they are cheerful no matter when I spot one "in the wild." That I Spy quilt is really, really great. Have fun taming the newly quilted quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lots of binding to do on those two quilts you got back. I have one pansy outside but currently no flowers

pbj fiber marietta said...

This border is the perfect one! It makes everything pop!
I live in GA and pansies are a winter flower, which brings me joy, since it is my favorite flower.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute I spy quilt!!!!
and wow - that pansy is a tough one!

Barbara Anne said...

I love this I Spy quilt and well done in finishing the top so quickly!

Enjoy getting those large quilts trimmed and the bindings sewn on. You will be so very satisfied and happy to have them finished.

You've made me want to get some pansies as I love them and know they like chilly weather. Wish I had the energy to go shopping - blasted lupus fatigue!

Hugs!

JJM said...

“I Spy”so full of enchanting prints ~ I can just imagine Mom and Dad tucking their little ones into bed and telling them a bedtime story about one or two of those blocks. I love this quilt it has such charisma.

And seeing that sunny yellow pansy on your porch is so welcoming. Especially on Thanksgiving weekend. . .

JJM

Vicki W said...

That's a cute little quilt and the stripe border works perfectly! Happy Thanksgiving!