Friday, November 10, 2023

Webbing done one direction.........


While there was still black thread on the sewing machine, I did the staystitching on the African elephant quilt top.  Then I changed to red thread.

I met with my longarm quilter and sent 2 tops, backing and batting home with her.  One is 88" x 107" and the other one is 86" x 106".  I have one more that is over 100" long that I need to choose a backing for.



Last night I did the webbing one direction on the top half of this quilt top with Kaffe collective fabrics.  I took this photo when I was half done.











The first bud is opening.  Maybe I'll have a whole indoor garden of blooms by next week.





 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

You two quilts will be so pretty all quilted up...How nice to have a garden in bloom from you cacti:)))
45 here this morning--a bit warmer. Overcast skies once again though.
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you will be glad to get the quilts done and more on your list crossed off.

JJM said...

You’re coming right along on these two tops . Your photo’s always shows me the details and hours it takes just in the stitching all your tops together. I love the inserts you added into your RED piece, all the lights you selected have added makes for more stitching but oh my, it is all worth it .

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

That partially webbed top is even prettier in the close up photo! And kudos for another year of beautiful cacti blooms.

Barbara Anne said...

How marvelous to have someone quilting those huge quilts while you continue working on this delightful red quilt. Wonderful progress getting it webbed in one direction. Are you webbing it in the other direction today?

Your cacti will be so very pretty soon!

Hugs!

Patty said...

That will be great to get two more quilts done. Your webbing technique is amazing to me. The blooming has started! It’s always fun to see your cactus put on a show!