Sunday, November 12, 2023

View from the sewing chair................


I folded up the  pieced top half so that all that is visible is the top 2 rows and the bottom 2 rows.  I mentioned yesterday that I was going to choose the same fabrics from previous rows, starting at the top, and then rearrange them into a different order.  I got the first row designed, looking up at the bottom 2 rows to see where I want to place the value changes.  I looked for the pieces in the second row and there is one missing.  I knew there was only one square of a few fabrics and I'm guessing the missing one is one of them.  Work will continue this week. 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

This is looking really good; no wonder your pieces look so lovely, you put a lot of work into that balancing act...
Only 23 degrees this morning...brrr I think an inside treadmill walk is in order--yesterday's walk on the river was so windy and cold--we had to hold onto our hats...there were even whitecaps on the water!! I think our growing sewsaon is well and truly over....hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such pretty reds you have. enjoy your day

Nann said...

Funny how I automatically envisioned a large center panel, then the inner border, and then the outer border. But I can see how assembly is more accurate (seam-pressing) by doing it in rows.

JJM said...

Your reds are fun to look at for us out here just looking at the screen but can see it can be challenging at times too. To make sure you achieve the value you want.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love this in-process quilt and methinks no one will ever notice that there aren't quite identical fabrics in the bottom and top rows. Have fun!

This morning I finished machine quilting (humbly) the baby quilt and will trim it up next. Glory be!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

View looks great. Just love that skinny bodering. Adds so much to whole quilt of red goodness.