Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Photo session.............


I started the morning yesterday by moving the couch and spreading the quilts one at a time on the carpeting.  This one is a Blooming 9 Patch (Blanche Young, Tradition With a Twist) that I reconfigured by adding one more square down the middle and cutting the strips 2" instead of 1.75" so that it would fit a queen bed.















Speaking of on a queen size bed, I moved 38 wallhangings off the guest bed so I could take these photos.  30 of them are hanging over the back of a bench in my living room and 8 of them are rolled on 2 pool noodles and tied. This quilt measures 88" x 105.5" now.


It was sunny outside but I had to close the curtains on the south side because the light was washing out all of the color on the right side.










Then it was the Trip Around the World's turn for the carpeting shot.  It measures 85" x 104" finished.

And then on the bed.  



And one more closer shot of the center of the quilt.  It was quite a workout but I'm glad I have the wallhangings moved.  I will roll a bunch of the smaller ones on cardboard tubes that a batting roll was wrapped on.

16 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! It's hard to comprehend the amount of work that went into these beauties.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get the photos doesn't it - especially when it involves moving furniture

Julierose said...

Just lovely quilts, Wanda--so so many pieces in those large sized beauties;)))
splendid job on both of them. They look just amazing on the beds...
24 degrees this morning....frosted lawns, sun rising in a pinkish sky...I hope to get our for a [bundled up!] little stroll around noontime...
Hugs, Julierose

Helenchaffin said...

Whooo weeee that's a lot of blocks 😄 great finish on both quilts,they are beautiful!

Marnie Haines said...

Kudos to you Wanda not only for such creative, beautiful work but for making such large quilts, too.

Kristin said...

Again, I just love your Blooming TAW! And it looks so pretty on a bed. Great job!

Kristin said...

Oops - I called it a Blooming TAW - obviously, I'm confused! Blooming Nine Patch!

MaryJo said...

I've always loved the Bloomin 9 patch ! The 4th color from center with the white outline really gives some 'sparkle' to the quilt. It must be amazing in person ! love the soft, peaceful colors on the second one.
Do you put anything between the cardboard and the quilts when you roll them ?
Is the cardboard 'acid' free ? Not sure if that would be a problem later on.
Thanks for taking the time to photograph everything ! Your workout for the day. ;)

Barbara Anne said...

Absolutely lovely quilts and I appreciate the work it took to make them and to clear the floor for these pictures. The quilts are magnificent - applause, applause!!

Hugs!

Patty said...

The Blooming 9 patch looks like mosaic tile laid out on the floor like that. So beautiful! The Trip around the world quilt is stunning! Great job on getting them done and all the work it took to get the photos.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I can totally see why you sent these two out to be quilted - they are HUGE! Beautiful, especially on the bed. What a lot of time and energy went into making these two. WOW.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Delightful Wanda. They are both big quilts, lots of work - such an accomplishment.

Amy F. said...

I bought the book you mentioned. I found a great deal for it on Abe Books. It was $4 with free shipping. Can't wait to see these new takes on old patterns!

JJM said...

I can’t even remember why I didn’t get to your post until now. I knew these two wonders were almost ready for their grand finishes. To see them on the bed shows off their beauty and adds such elegance to your guest room. They truly are absolutely dreamy creations . Thank you for all the photo’s, I can see that was quite process for you also..

JJM

Annmarie said...

Gorgeous quilts, both fabric choices and workmanship. You are one talented lady. Kudos!

Vicki W said...

Wow, they both look great on the bed!