Saturday, November 11, 2023

Top half assembled....................


Seven 68" seams later, the top half of the red Kaffe squares quilt top is sewn together.  I just fingernail pressed the seams as I sewed.  It will look better when it is pressed but that may not happen for a few days.

My plan now is to use the same fabrics that are in the top row for the first row of the bottom half.  I will place them in a different order.  Then each row will proceed like that and I can decide if I want to move anything to a different spot.

We had a chilly day yesterday and a hard freeze overnight.  I brought in a few of my garage pots because it is supposed to get to 60 a couple days next week.  I will be able to enjoy them for one more week.

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

beautiful reds!

Julierose said...

Those are really long seams!! It's looking so pretty...
42 here this morning and sunny; but the NW wind is keeping us feeling a bit chillier than the temp looks...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the red blocks are looking so good. I can see fall leafs falling in the light breeze that is out there through the window right now I think it is supposed to be high 50's today. Not bad if it is sunny too.

Mary said...

I like this one more every time I see it!

Barbara Anne said...

What a happy quilt you're making and those light strips were the perfect touch. I like your idea to use the same squares from bottom to middle, just in a different order. Inspired!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Sensational REDS ! And I agree the bottom half will be just as sensational, mixing up the order of each row., couldn’t be any better ~ This piece has stolen my heart !

JJM

Patty said...

You have gotten a lot done and it’s looking great. Found Land O Lakes butter on sale today For $3.50. I stocked up.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like the look of these rich reds, the pale KF fabrics make the perfect narrow strips. Also reading your post before this one good to hear you're all organised with the huge quilts having gone off to the longarmer, those are huge quilts!!